Code of Charity Retailing
As an important part of ICSA Strategy, the Association developed the Code of Charity Retailing in 2011. The Code of Charity Retailing is an assurance to our customers and donors that all ICSA members are operating to the standards set out in the Code. The Code of Charity Retailing was signed up to by all our member charities as of January 2011 and is now a condition of joining the ICSA for all new member charities.
This Code sets out the good practice which members of the Association are required to observe (must) as well as outlining additional good practice that is advised, but optional (should). This Code may be amended from time to time to take account of, for example, legislative changes.
The aims of the Code are:
- To promote good practice and high standards in charity retailing
- To promote public confidence in, and support for charity shops
- To increase donations to charity shops both directly into shops and through house-to-house collections.
- To get positive publicity for charity shops
- To promote awareness of legitimate charity shops and to help stamp out dishonest and bogus activities